So, this is definitely the coolest thing I have discovered today! You may want to take the kids out for some fun, but for one reason or another it’s just not possible. Maybe there isn’t an attraction near you, or you’re too busy for a day trip. Maybe the weather stinks, or one of you came down with something. Right now, the obstacle for families is quarantine. Today, I discovered several zoos and aquariums you can visit from home for free.
Is this not the coolest?
I’m going to give you a list of several zoos and aquariums you and the kiddos can visit from home via live webcams. Some of the cameras, like at the Houston Zoo, can be controlled by the viewer. Other places, like the Seattle Aquarium, also offer previously recorded footage to view.
Zoos and Aquariums You Can Visit From Home
Zoos You Can Visit From Home
Aquariums You Can Visit From Home
- Georgia Aquarium
- National Aquarium
- Seattle Aquarium
- Monterey Bay Aquarium
- Tennessee Aquarium
- Oregon Coast Aquarium
Make An Event Out Of It
This is something you can do on a whim or plan out like you would if it was an event you were taking a day trip for.
1. Visit the zoos the zoos for a few hours. Play around with the different cameras, views, and videos available.
2. In between zoos, complete a craft like this Zoo Animal Beaded Necklace craft.
3. Once you are done visiting zoos, have a picnic lunch, even if it has to be on the living room floor.
4. After lunch, visit the aquariums. In between aquariums, complete a craft like this Sea Life Sticker Craft.
5. Once you are done visiting aquariums, consider asking questions about the visits.
Topic Ideas: favorite animals, what are the animals doing now, what sounds to they make, what do they eat, any questions
Why Visit From Home?
Not only is this super cool, but it’s something different to do at home. Visiting a zoo or an aquarium from home is a great way to keep kids, who are stuck at home, engaged and entertained.
If you enjoyed this post, you’ll also enjoy Things To Do When You’re Stuck At Home.